Employment Training Panel (ETP)
The Employment Training Panel (ETP) is a California agency founded in 1983 as a cooperative business-labor program designed to improve the state’s economic competitiveness through state-funded employee training assistance. To date, the ETP program has allocated over $850 million for training to 55,000 businesses for 600,000 employees.
ETP funds are used to offset the cost of providing training to your employees.
The Role of Manex
Manex has its own unique consortia agreement with the California ETP, which allows our clients immediate and simplified access to ETP funding to train their employees. Manex works with you to identify training needs and resources that will support your short and long-term training projects.
Requirements for Obtaining ETP Funds
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Manufacturing companies and those facing out-of-state competition
- Employee turnover rate is less than 20% annually
- Training is provided for full-time California employees who have a minimum hourly pay rate, which can include verifiable health benefits, as indicated below*
- Proposed training supplements existing training programs
- Plan includes a minimum of 8 training hours for each employee
- One classroom or lab instructor provided for every 20 students
- Trainees will attend all training sessions
- Trainees are retained by your company for 90 days after the training is completed
* Health benefits may be added to the trainee’s wages to meet the ETP minimum hourly rate of $16.44 for Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara and Santa Cruz Counties; $16.02 for Orange County; $15.97 for Los Angeles County; $15.93 for San Diego County; $15.75 for Sacramento County; $15.07 for all other counties.
Benefits of Using Manex to Obtain ETP Funds
Manex holds the contract and funding with the state. We determine your company’s funding eligibility, which enables us to allocate our funding to your project. With our help, client companies receive the following benefits:
- ETP funds are available immediately to eligible companies
- Eligibility is determined within 48 hours with a simple two-page application
- Employees can begin training using ETP funds within one month
- Manex maintains and manages all administrative requirements
- Once training is completed, the company receives a rebate to help offset the costs
- Our projects average more than 600% ROI – that’s a $6 return for every dollar invested in these activities
How do I get started?
Contact Manex to determine funding eligibility. Typical training projects last two to three months. Funding is allocated on a first-come, first-serve basis.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please contact us at email@example.com.