Client Business Need
The company’s previous manufacturing facility had become severely constrained by the geographical limitations of the site. As sales increased, the company quickly outgrew its original manufacturing bay and began renting additional bays in the complex. This created a flow issue with parts being fabricated in multiple buildings, increasing costs and lengthening lead times. The company purchased and relocated to a new 90,000 sq ft building and began working with Manex to reduce costs and improve time to market.
Manex worked with Quick Mount PV to implement a quality management system around ISO 9001:2008 and to introduce a continuous improvement methodology.
Our process included:
- Value stream map of the current state and development of the future state and roadmap for improvements
- Training in practical problem solving and the implementation of two kaizen events to reduce costs and improve performance
- ISO 9001:2008 quality management system development and implementation
- Achieved ISO 9001:2008 certification
- Quality improvement of 12.5% as measured by first pass yield (FPY)
- Throughput increased by 166%
- Two workers were redeployed for a new product line, facilitating an increase in sales of 68%
- Visual 5S for daily production scheduling was implemented and attributed to improved on-time delivery
- MoneyWorks (accounts and materials management system in place) working in handshake with Kanban system was implemented for reordering raw materials, hardware kits and consumable items